The 2nd pattern lifchik chest rig is made of canvas. Overall it is similar to the 1st pattern lifchik, however it has some design changes and it consists of two parts unlike the previous versions.
Belt-A (Russian: Пояс-А) is the main, upper part for carrying magazines, grenades and flares.
It has three main pockets which can hold up to six (two per pocket) AK-74 magazines. There are also four secondary pockets which can hold up to four F1 or RGD-5 grenades. It also has two small pockets complemented with strips which can hold two RSP-30 flares.
The lifchik is fastened to the back of the wearer via simple belt-strap and two padded shoulder straps. Manufacturer's stampings are located on the rear of the chest rig with the last two digits usually denoting the year of make.
The major differences compared to the 1st pattern lifchik are the arrangement of the grenade pockets and the pocket closure system which uses leather straps instead of male snaps.
Belt-B (Russian: Пояс-Б) is the lower optional attachment for carrying VOG-25 grenades. It can be attached to the Belt-A and has ten pouches holding one VOG-25 grenade per pouch.
The 2nd pattern lifchik is a further evolution of the 1st pattern lifchik chest rig. It was introduced in 1988, however, it was not distributed to the troops during the Soviet–Afghan War and according to photographic evidence, instead only the three subtypes of the 1st Pattern Lifchik were in use. The 2nd pattern lifchik was utilized by the Soviet forces in the Nagorno-Karabakh War and later in the First Chechen War.
In popular cultureEdit
|World in Conflict||Worn by Soviet troops||2007|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops||Worn by the Spetsnaz, the Tropas and the Op 40, anachronistic||2010|
- ↑ https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=769999
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/taurus898/DSC00616_zps3b4bd2b8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic%3D17182.4125&h=768&w=1024&tbnid=TKRmsxzGNBsDyM:&docid=aSXM3BoOX37hiM&ei=6HmzVu-LGYH-sAGa5LeoCA&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjvn6q3wd7KAhUBPywKHRryDYUQMwgrKA4wDg
- ↑ http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_609_Soviet_Russian_Army_Afghanistan_Chest_Rig_Vest_Belt_B.html
- ↑ http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78276
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://rus.mil.pl/forum/uploads/sprzet_snickers/lifchik_diagram.png&imgrefurl=https://rus.mil.pl/forum/discussion/19/1/kamizelka-stanik-typ-2-lifczik-pas-a/&h=455&w=700&tbnid=Fsp2YbXy64o_0M&tbnh=181&tbnw=279&usg=__Knn0ZfTnVsNAUQQ6sBo0qiPRHzg=&hl=en&docid=IWkYxcztPYfJxM
- ↑ http://vog.zone/lifchik-pattern-2-cccp-issue/
- ↑ https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=783752
- ↑ https://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/92/1081310.html
- ↑ http://www.theakforum.net/forums/51-field-gear-bayonets/115058-russian-liftchic-chest-harness-2.html
- ↑ http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=29208.0;wap2
- ↑ http://ra.spetsnaz.su/wiki/Lifchik
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/world-in-conflict-soviet-assault-review/1900-6207451/
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/21724/477948_full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gamershell.com/pc/call_of_duty_black_ops/screenshots.html?id%3D477948&h=2880&w=5120&tbnid=Rus_2V2tdulTdM:&docid=dl4-h2okVnp1hM&hl=en&ei=8pSzVtnqDsW3swGOtbzYAw&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjZq_Wb297KAhXF2ywKHY4aDzsQMwgdKAAwAA